30.8.05

Way Back in the 20th Century

Blog meme time.

Head here, type year of high school graduation into search box, up pops Top 100 from that year. Strike through all you hate; bold those you like; leave alone those you don’t know or don’t feel strongly about. Bang:

  1. Too Close, Next 2. The Boy Is Mine, Brandy and Monica 3. You're Still The One, Shania Twain 4. Truly Madly Deeply, Savage Garden 5. How Do I Live, LeAnn Rimes 6. Together Again, Janet 7. All My Life, K-Ci and JoJo 8. Candle In The Wind 1997, Elton John 9. Nice and Slow, Usher 10. I Don't Want To Wait, Paula Cole 11. How's It Going To Be, Third Eye Blind 12. No, No, No, Destiny's Child 13. My Heart Will Go On, Celine Dion 14. Gettin' Jiggy Wit, Will Smith 15. You Make Me Wanna..., Usher 16. My Way, Usher 17. My All, Mariah Carey 18. The First Night, Monica 19. Been Around The World, Puff Daddy and The Family 20. Adia, Sarah McLachlan 21. Crush, Jennifer Paige 22. Everybody (Backstreet's Back), Backstreet Boys 23. I Don't Want To Miss A Thing, Aerosmith 24. Body Bumpin Yippie-Yi-Yo, Public Announcement 25. This Kiss, Faith Hill 26. I Don't Ever Want To See You Again, Uncle Sam 27. Let's Ride, Montell Jordan 28. Sex And Candy, Marcy Playground 29. Show Me Love, Robyn 30. A Song For Mama, Boyz II Men 31. What You Want, Mase 32. Frozen, Madonna 33. Gone Till November, Wyclef Jean 34. My Body, Lsg 35. Tubthumping, Chumbawamba 36. Deja Vu (Uptown Baby), Lord Tariq and Peter Gunz 37. I Want You Back, 'N Sync 38. When The Lights Go Out, Five 39. They Don't Know, Jon B. 40. Make Em' Say Uhh!, Master P 41. Make It Hot, Nicole Featuring Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott and Mocha 42. Never Eve, All Saints 43. I Get Lonely, Janet 44. Feel So Good, Mase 45. Say It, Voices Of Theory 46. Kiss The Rain, Billie Myers 47. Come With Me, Puff Daddy 48. Romeo And Juliet, Sylk-E Fyne 49. It's All About Me, Mya and Sisqo 50. I Will Come To You, Hanson 51. One Week, Barenaked Ladies 52. Swing My Way, K.P. and Envyi 53. The Arms Of The One Who Loves You, Xscape 54. My Love Is The Shhh!, Somethin' For The People 55. Daydreamin', Tatyana Ali 56. We're Not Making Love No More, Dru Hill 57. Semi-Charmed Life, Third Eye Blind 58. I Do, Lisa Loeb 59. Lookin' At Me, Mase 60. Looking Through Your Eyes, LeAnn Rimes 61. Lately, Divine 62. Quit Playing Games (With My Heart), Backstreet Boys 63. I Still Love You, Next 64. Time After Time, Inoj 65. Are You Jimmy Ray?, Jimmy Ray 66. Cruel Summer, Ace Of Base 67. I Got The Hook Up!, Master P 68. Victory, Puff Daddy and The Family 69. Too Much, Spice Girls 70. Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are), Pras Feat. Ol' Dirty Bastard and Mya 71. How Deep Is Your Love, Dru Hill Featuring Redman 72. Friend Of Mine, Kelly Price 73. Turn It Up [Remix] / Fire It Up, Busta Rhymes 74. I'll Be, Edwin McCain 75. Ray Of Light, Madonna 76. All For You, Sister Hazel 77. Touch It, Monifah 78. Money, Power and Respect, Lox 79. Bitter Sweet Symphony, The Verve 80. Dangerous, Busta Rhymes 81. Spice Up Your Life, Spice Girls 82. Because Of You, 98 Degrees 83. The Mummers' Dance, Loreena McKennitt 84. All Cried Out, Allure Featuring 112 85. Still Not A Player, Big Punisher Featuring Joe 86. The One I Gave My Heart To, Aaliyah 87. Foolish Games / You Were Meant For Me, Jewel 88. Love You Down, Inoj 89. Do For Love, 2Pac 90. Raise The Roof, Luke 91. Heaven, Nu Flavor 92. The Party Continues, Jd 93. Sock It 2 Me, Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott Featuring Da Brat 94. Butta Love, Next 95. A Rose Is Still A Rose, Aretha Franklin 96. 4 Seasons Of Loneliness, Boyz II Men 97. Father, LL Cool J 98. Thinkin' Bout It, Gerald Levert 99. Nobody's Supposed To Be Here, Deborah Cox 100. Westside, TQ

“Body Bumpin Yippie-Yi-Yo”?

What’s really most notable is that, though I’ve heard of most of the artists, most of these songs, I have absolutely no idea about. I suspect I know some and don’t know the titles, but still…it’s not as if I wasn’t listening to music in 1998. I listed to a lot of music. Just not, y’know, this music.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?