15.6.04

Yahoo! Feeling the Heat

I logged into my Yahoo! account (which I'm phasing out in lieu of Gmail, as I did earlier with my Hotmail in lieu of Yahoo!) and I get this message:

Great news – Yahoo! Mail is new and improved!

Thanks for being a loyal Yahoo! Mail user. To ensure that Yahoo! Mail continues to be the easiest, most enjoyable way for you to stay in touch, we've made several great improvements to your service! In addition to all the features you currently enjoy, we've made these upgrades:

* Streamlined interface
Makes using your mail even easier
* 100MB of email storage
Keep more of the things that are important to you – without worrying about bumping up against your storage limit.
* Message size up to 10MB
Send monster-sized files – photos, presentations, whatever!

So thanks again for choosing Yahoo! Mail to keep in touch, and we hope you enjoy the additional services now at your fingertips. For more information, please visit our Help page.


Wow. A "loyal Yahoo! mail user"; they definitely see Gmail coming to kill them. And, well, they were right.

This would definitely bug the hell out of me if I were a loyal Yahoo! mail user who'd upgraded to a pay account - which I believe was somewhere on the order of $20 for 16MB. Luckily, I am not stupid, so I did not do that.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?