24.6.04

Courts and Such

So, as soon as I heard that Scalia had written the majority on this decision, I knew it was a weird line-up. I was right - Scalia, Ginsburg, Thomas, Stevens and Souter, with Rehnquist, Kennedy, Breyer and O'Connor dissenting. The really strange thing is, I agree with Scalia, and find the dissenting opinion - such as I can actually understand these things - to be remarkably without legal merit.

And in really, really REALLY AMAZING NEWS, Ted Olson is set to step down as Solicitor General. This is really amazing - Ted Olson was always amazingly unqualified for this position, and this comes as a real victory for, you know, people being qualified for really important jobs in the American government.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?