9.4.04

Stuff to Read/Watch/Hear

-Jim Hightower, one of my faves - c'mon, an unapologetic liberal from Texas? Him and Molly Ivins, can't go wrong with either of 'em - has a nice weekly news roundup of cutting through the bullshit here.

-Is it just me, or does Kathleen Edwards sound a LOT like Lucinda Williams?

-See Hellboy. Go. Now.

-Atrios links to the Onion's point/counterpoint on the Iraq war from last year. Um, y'all know how much I hate 'I told you so'...well, yeah.

-Dubya is lazy, as it turns out. Add that one to the list...

-Do yourself a favor and don't see The Alamo. I haven't, and won't, but my spidey-sense is tingling on this one, and it's saying "these are two and a half hours of your life better spent...doing anything else." And I normally like Billy Bob.

-Also don't see The Whole Ten Yards - I know, you prolly wouldn't've anyhow, but given Matthew Perry's absolutely vomit-inducing, self-absorbed performance on "The Daily Show" earlier in the week, it's best to never again see anything he might be associated with. Ask Degs' roommate about "Friends."

-Pick up the latest issue of The New Yorker, if you haven't already. Really good stuff, great story from Jonathan Lethem.

-Seriously, now that I actually have Terroir Blues (Jay Farrar's most recent album), I can't turn that shit off. Fan-friggin'tastic.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?