20.4.04

I Was Planning on Saying This, but...

Weingarten's chat beat me to it:

Damascus, Md.: I found it interesting that two comics this week dealt with the "realities of war", to use an overly used phrase: Monday's "Doonesbury," which is not surprising (I am betting B.D. doesn't make it), and Monday's "Get Fuzzy," which isn't where I would have expected to see it.

Any luck with getting Peanuts axed?

washingtonpost.com: Doonesbury, (April 19)
Get Fuzzy, (April 19)

Gene Weingarten: These are an amazing pair of cartoons.

Another chatter notes that he finds that Get Fuzzy seems manipulative and a postured departure from the normal strip, but that Doonesbury is promising to be important. I agree, completely. For one thing, Trudeau’s exposition – in and out of consciousness, yesterday and today – is genius. I am transfixed. I have access to two weeks’ worth of Doonesburys, but I have chosen not to look. I want it to take me, day by day.

I am guessing that Darby Conley’s will pale by comparison, which is a shame for Conley. Because his idea was good. He just got trumped.

Liz, can we link to today’s Doones, too?

<30>

Today's Doonesbury and Get Fuzzy.

Also please note that, though overshadowed by the far superior Trudeau, Conley has done exactly what I said he would.

These two Doonesbury are truly affecting; make sure to keep reading the rest of the week.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?